Kwanzaa: From Holiday to Every Day
By Maitefa Angaza
FROM PREPARATION TO CELEBRATION,
MAKE YOUR KWANZAA A FAMILY TRADITION!
Traditionally, Kwanzaa brings family, friends, and the community together for a winter celebration. But Kwanzaa can be a part of your life year-round. Steeped in cultural richness, Kwanzaa is observed by millions of people of African descent who observe it for its seven inspiring, unifying principles. Whether you’re a first-time celebrant or a seasoned veteran, here is a must-have reference for making Kwanzaa special for you and your loved ones—whatever your faith or belief system. With this book, you’ll learn:
* Planning for daily observance and festive gatherings
* The seven principles at the heart of Kwanzaa
* How to involve everyone in your Karamu (feast)
* Recipes for traditional dishes you can make at home
* Zawadi (gifts) that reflect your values
* Popular Kwanzaa songs—and even one Kwanzaa rap
* Where to find the best Kwanzaa accessories
…. And much more! Let Kwanzaa: From Holiday to Every Day show you how to turn your Kwanzaa observance into a way of life that will enrich your family, friends, and community.
“Of the several books on Kwanzaa, few are invested with such utility as Maitefa Angaza’s thorough-going discussion and analysis…a meaningful, wonderful guide.”
0.9" H x 7.4" L x 5.9" W (0.5 lbs) 272 pages